Another term used for cortisol is Hydrocortisone. Cortisol is a steroid hormone secreted by the adrenal gland that manages several procedures throughout the body, like making the immune system and metabolic process strong, balancing the amount of salt and water, memory formation, blood pressure, and development of the fetus, etc. In the following article, we get to know about How to reduce cortisol? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
Causes of high-level cortisol:
Different reasons can lead to high-level cortisol, such as;
- Pituitary gland issues.
- Adrenal gland issues.
- Diet with a high level of saturated fats, sugar.
- Deficiency of B vitamins like B1, B3, B5, B12.
- It may be inherited.
Symptoms of the high level of cortisol :
There are different symptoms you face during the high level of cortisol:
- Weight gain.
- High blood pressure.
- Irritability etc.
- Slow healing etc.
How to reduce high-level cortisol:
No doubt cortisol is very useful for your body, but the extra release of cortisol is more dangerous than helpful to you to reduce cortisol. So, you need to reduce the level of cortisol by different methods or tips:
- Taking enough sleep is very useful for balancing your cortisol. You need to set a routine of sleeping. Go early to bed and rise early. Don’t work restlessly. Try to sleep in a quiet room and avoid the use of mobile before going to sleep.
- Exercise regularly because it can help you maintain your health and reduce stress but do not exercise too much because it can increase cortisol.
- Take meditation, think about your stress, and try to control it. Don’t allow your stressful thoughts to control you.
- Deep breath when you think that your stress or overthinking is increasing. It’s very useful to relax you.
- Laughing and having fun is one of the other ways to reduce that stress hormone. Stay happy all the time; it can maintain your health, reduce your stress level, and in this way, help to reduce cortisol.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with your family and friends. Try to sit with them and talk with them about your problems. Don’t allow your problems to eat you inwardly.
- Adopt a pet because pets are very useful in reducing your stress level. Playing, enjoying, and taking care of animals may help you to reduce cortisol.
- Try to build positive thoughts. Remove the negative reviews of guilt, anger, hate, lack of confidence, etc. Try to be merry. Learn to forgive others. Build a good life.
- Do you intend toward the spiritual side? Pray and have faith in God. Do acts of kindness; this may help you to reduce your level of cortisol.
- Take a diet that may help you reduce cortisol levels. For example, drinking more water, Green tea, using more fruits and vegetables, and dark chocolate can help to reduce cortisol, etc.
Then there are different treatments by which you can reduce the high level of cortisol, such as:
- They are reducing the intake of corticosteroids. If you have a high cortisol level, the doctor will recommend you mitigate this drug’s use.
- If your cortisol is high because of the tumor, the doctor will recommend you to have surgery, and if the cancer is not removed, then radiation therapy.
- Then there are different medicines you can take to reduce cortisol, such as ketoconazole, mitotane, metyrapone, etc.
Also read: how to remove pimple marks naturally at home