If you are looking for effective vomiting medication effectively, then you are in the right place. Let’s see together what are the causes and symptoms of this widespread problem. In this article, we read about How to stop throwing up?
Nausea is an annoying symptom associated with the presence of a wide range of pathogenic substances. With vomiting, the body clears invaders from the stomach, resulting in a series of painful contractions in the abdomen and esophagus.
Vomiting can be caused by a number of pathological conditions or by external factors. Here are the most common causes:
- Intestinal disorders (gastroenteritis, intestinal blockage, food poisoning);
- Ulcers and reflux;
- Motion sickness ;
- Drugs associated with chemotherapy.
These factors affect both the intestinal health of adults and that of children, but, fortunately, there are several remedies for nausea and vomiting. Read on to find out what they are.
Medication for vomiting and nausea: uses and types
The cures for vomiting based on emetic drugs act not only on retching but also on sickness.
THE over-the-counter antiemetic drugs commercially available are of different types. Here are the main categories:
- Serotonergic antagonists;
- Dopaminergic antagonists;
Serotonergic antagonists act on the serotonin centers using molecules, such as Granisetron or Tropisetron, to counteract the symptoms caused by chemotherapy or radiotherapy.
Different is the case of dopaminergic antagonists which, in addition to fighting the side effects of chemotherapy, are indicated for migraines. The main molecules are Benzamides and Butyrophenones.
Another vomiting medication consists of antihistamines, ideal for treating symptoms caused by pregnancy, seasickness, or motion sickness. These medicines work by antagonizing histamine, a hormone known to treat allergies.
Antimuscarinics are also suitable for counteracting the symptoms of motion sickness. The most commonly used active ingredient is scopolamine, available in pharmacies in the form of a transdermal patch. It acts on muscarinic receptors preventing nausea and vomiting.
You want to know other remedies for vomiting that are also effective against other symptoms associated with retching. Read on to find out.
Seven tips to calm vomiting to stop throwing up
Those who suffer from nausea and vomiting can also run into other problems, for example, the sense of exhaustion caused by the loss of mineral salts.
In addition, lack of appetite and pain in the chest and abdomen caused by the retching spasm could be burdensome for the body.
That’s why we recommend these seven natural remedies for vomiting:
- Hydrate often
- Adopt proper nutrition;
- Trust in phytotherapy;
- Avoid coffee, alcohol, cigarettes;
- Sleep right;
- Avoid crowded and hot places;
- Reduce your stress
These remedies for vomiting are small precautions to be taken, but if the symptoms are recurrent and increasingly acute, it is advisable to consult a doctor who will be able to provide you with adequate treatments.
There is yet another vital piece of advice we want to give you. What to do when your baby doesn’t know how to stop throwing up? Read on to find out.
Medicines against vomiting children
Many babies often suffer from vomiting and reflux, especially if they are infants. These symptoms are not severe, as long as they do not last longer than two days.
If not, consult a pediatrician for more information. Before resorting to using antiemetic drugs to treat vomiting, however, follow this short list of things to do:
- Keep track of the frequency and intensity of vomiting episodes;
- After the baby has vomited do not give him food, but cold liquids such as water or chamomile;
- Keep the baby hydrated with water, minerals, or sugars;
- Do not administer vomiting medications without a prescription from the pediatrician.
If not even these natural remedies for vomiting work it is necessary to take more effective measures: antiemetic drugs. Stay with us to understand more.
How to stop vomiting: causes and remedies to buy at the pharmacy
There are natural or pharmacological remedies that counteract nausea and vomiting, giving immediate relief.
These are antispasmodic drugs useful for the digestive system or substances that act on the balance of the nervous system.
Here is a shortlist of drug recommendations against nausea and vomiting:
- Motion sickness: Patches and chewing gum are over-the-counter medications to prevent motion sickness. So, the only side effect is some sleepiness;
- Nausea during pregnancy: it is not recommended to take drugs during pregnancy by opting for changes in diet and lifestyle and preferring natural remedies, such as licorice, ginger or fennel.
- However, Chemotherapy or postoperative nausea: antihistamines (such as cyclizine) or dexamethasone are generally prescribed.
- Virus sickness and vomiting: Among the drugs most used to treat the symptoms of these disorders is metoclopramide, an antiemetic and gastroprokinetic drug, which stimulates and coordinates the motility of the upper digestive tract.
Whatever your problem, on Farma, you can find a selection among the types of anti-nausea drugs without prescription and vomiting treatments from top brands, such as Maalox and many others.
Also read: how to unblock someone on Facebook