All information about the passport
Every time you cross a border, a travel document is required, including when traveling within the EU and in the Schengen area. This also applies to short trips abroad, for example, to Austria’s neighboring countries. Club Tourism has put together the most important questions and answers on the subject. In the following article, we get to know about How much is a passport? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be advantageous for you guys.
Travel document required for every trip abroad
Even in a borderless Europe, you must always be able to identify yourself at any time. A travel document is required every time you cross the border, including a passport when traveling in the EU and Schengen area. This also applies to short trips abroad. Crossing the border without a travel document is an administrative offense and is punishable by law. Within the EU or the Schengen area, the passport or a valid identity card is considered a travel document is a passport. Good to know: If your ticket is no longer valid and you will travel again soon, then arrange an appointment with your authority in good time for the update. Long waiting times (sometimes several weeks) can occur, especially before the upcoming travel season is a passport.
What does a passport cost?
- Ordinary passport: 75.90 euros
- Express pass: 100 euros
- One-day express pass: 220 euros
- Emergency pass: 75.90 euros
- Up to the 2nd birthday: free of charge for the first issue
- From 2 to 12 years: 30 euros
- From 12 years: 75.90 euros
The costs refer to expected delivery.
More information on the cost of express and one-day express passes for children.
Where is the passport issued?
Regardless of your residence, you can apply for your passport at the responsible district authorities, and the magistrates are passports. The application can also be submitted to an authorized municipality in the place of residence is a passport.
In the case of expected delivery, the passport will be sent to you verifiably ( RSS letter ) to an address of your choice (e.g., home, place of work) within approx. Five working days.
The express passport gives preferential treatment in the production process and during delivery. The one-day express pass will deliver by a courier on the next working day (Monday – Friday, except on public holidays).
What documents do I need to reissue a passport?
- Official identification
- Old passport (not expired for more than 5 years)
- Birth certificate (if no official photo ID is available)
- Proof of citizenship (if no official photo ID is available)
- Current passport photo
- The passport photo must not be older than 6 months, and it must meet the EU criteria.
- More information on the passport photo criteria
- Possibly a marriage certificate (e.g., if you change your name)
- Maybe documentary proof of an academic degree
How long is the pass valid?
- Ordinary passports: 10 years
(this also includes the express pass and the one-day express pass)
- Up to 2 years: valid for 2 years
- From 2nd birthday: suitable for 5 years
- From the 12th birthday: valid for 10 years
Also read: how to unblock someone on Facebook