Soap is the fundamental need for every house. It is not wrong to say that it is a part of personal hygiene practice. There are a massive number of soaps available online or at stores. There are hundreds or even thousands of types. But what if we tell you that you can prepare soap at your home? Wouldn’t it be incredible? It would be great fun.
Moreover, it will be cost-effective as well as according to your preference. You can add ingredients and aromas that you favor. Can’t wait. So let’s give it a try. In the following article, we get to know about So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
Making a Soap
It would be best if you had lye for the process of saponification. If you do not know what it is? Do not worry, we will discuss it later.
Ingredients to make soap
You will need the following ingredients to make soap:
- Minimum 30 drops of essential oils
- Distilled water (9 oz)
- Olive oil (10 oz)
- Pure lye ( 4.78 oz)
- Dried herbs (you can also add flowers)
- Coconut oil (20 oz)
Tools and Protection Equipment
You will need the following tools and safety equipment:
- Silicone Spatula
- Slow cooker
- Stainless steel container ( you can also use glass or plastic container instead)
- Soap cutter
- Silicone Molds
- Candy Thermometer specially designed for soap-making
- Kitchen scale ( digital)
- Immersion Blender
- An apron
- Oven mitt
- Safety goggles
- A rough shirt ( it is better if it has long sleeves)
- Latex gloves ( you can also use rubber gloves)
- Airy and open area
Let’s Start to make soap
You have two choices to make soap. You can either make it through a hot process, or else it can be prepared through a cold cycle. We will make soap through the burning process because it is more convenient.
Steps to make soap:
Follow the instructions:
- Measure your ingredients.
- Wear all the protection stuff.
- Turn on heat under the slow cooker. Keep it low.
- Now add coconut oil to it. Let it melt.
- Meanwhile, make lye solution by adding lye to water gradually. Stir it gently. Do not worry if it releases fumes as it is normal. Now keep it aside to cool at least for 20 minutes.
- Add in the slow cooker olive oil (make sure that coconut oil has melted to make soap).
- Now verify the temperature by using a candy thermometer. Place the blender on the side of this cooker after the temperature has reached 54C.
- Decant lye in it, do this slowly to avoid splatter to make soap.
- Mix it with an immersion blender slowly by moving in a circle. Please do this for at least ten minutes until it becomes thick enough to make soap.
- After mixing, cook it for almost an hour. Stir it frequently while cooking to make soap.
- Let it cool down until the temperature reaches 82C or below.
- Pour the mixture into a soap mold after adding colorants and essential oils in it.
- Sprinkle herbs and strike the mold in an open area to remove bubbles to make soap.
- Remove the soap from a mold after 24 hours. Cut it into bars with the help of a soap cutter, and you are done making soap.
To pick up the stiffness and eminence of soap, you can desiccate it for at least one week to make soap. Homemade soaps have fewer aromas as compared to store-bought soap. But if you like high fragrance, you can add more essential oils to the mixture to make soap (it will be costly).
To save yourself from the hassle of soaps cutting, you can use individual soaps molds that do not require any cutting to make soaps.
Also read: how to remove pimple marks naturally at home.